There are only a few days left before the exit of State of Decay 2 , the sequel to the acclaimed survival horror developed by Undead Labs for Microsoft Studios. In such a corrupt and bloody world, having a base will be the most important thing. Having a refuge in which to hide in case the situation becomes too problematic or simply to have a glimmer of positivity in a gloomy and haunted world is indispensable for survival. Customizing your base camp is a not insignificant part of the game, and following our guide you can learn all the tricks to make your base better.
Guide to the base camp of State of Decay 2
Having a good base camp and upgrading it properly is essential as it will be the place where you'll sleep, eat and cure yourself throughout the entire game. Within this guide you'll find explained everything you'll find in a base camp, the different types of objects and how to create them.
Once you have selected one of the three maps in which you want to venture into State of Decay 2 , at the end of the tutorial you will be given the opportunity to place your Base Camp in the chosen map. Once you have eliminated all the zombies in the area, the base will be all yours and will become the main hub for you and the other survivors.
After that, you will be told to build an Infirmary to help patients with Blood Plague. At the end of this little tutorial, you will be given the opportunity to reinforce your base camp with a multitude of other buildings. To do so, you'll have to go to an abandoned lot marked by a transparent orange line, and you'll be able to select one of the various buildings to start building something in that clearing. Keep in mind that you will always need the necessary resources to build something in State of Decay 2 , so make sure you have them before you start.
You will then have a few categories of buildings to choose from:
- Laboratory: You will need three building materials to build it. A Workshop will allow you to create explosives and repair your damaged weapons during shipments.
- Kitchen: needs five building materials. The kitchen will allow you to cook food, as well as recover your health and stamina.
- Stop Area: You will need five building materials to build it. The Stopping Area will reduce the construction time of other structures.
- Forging: Using ten construction materials and two cases of chemical materials you can forge hand-to-hand weapons, materials and other objects.
- Auto Shop: You will need ten building materials and two pieces of circuitry to build it. The Auto Shop will allow you to upgrade your vehicles and improve their resistance.
- Sheltered Beds: To build two beds you will need three building materials.
- Outdoor Beds: To build two outdoor beds you will need three building materials. Because they are outside the building, they will incur a penalty and lower the morale of the other survivors.
- Infirmary: You will need three building materials to build it. In the Infirmary you can create cures and other healing objects. You can also take care of Blood Plague victims.
- Barracks: You will need five building materials to build it. A Barracks consists of a set of five beds.
- Garden: You will need five building materials to build it. The Garden will produce one food unit per day for your community.
- Pump: Once built, it will provide water for your entire base, and you can also use it to create fuel.
- Farm: You will need five building materials to build it. The Farm will produce two units of food per day.
- Hydroponic: to build it you will need five building materials, two circuit fragments and a seed box, as well as water and electricity. One Hydroponic will provide the camp with three food units per day.
- Combat Gym: You will need five building materials to build it. The Combat Gym allows you to recover health and get combat bonuses when used.
- Shooting Range: to build it you will need five building materials. The Shooting Range works like the Gymnasium, making you recover instead of stamina and allowing you to get a bonus to firearm combat when used.
- Latrine: to build it you will need a building material and a case of chemical materials. Building a latrine will lift the morale of your community.
- Lounge: to build it you'll need five building materials. The Living Room will provide you with an extra bed and will greatly lift the morale of your community.
- Lookout Tower: to build it you will need five building materials. The Lookout Tower will allow you to have an armed guard that will reduce the threat level of your base camp.
- Rainwater Collector: You will need one building material to build it. The Rainwater Collector will provide your entire water base.
- Generator: You'll need five building materials to build it. The generator will allow you to have electricity throughout your base camp.
- Solar Panel: To build it you will need ten building materials and ten circuit fragments. The Solar Panel will provide free electricity for the whole base but has a very high construction cost.
How much time you decide to devote to beautify and upgrade your base camp is State of Decay 2 up to you. Always remember that it is a good idea to keep up the morale of the other survivors, so it is always advisable to devote yourself, even if sporadically, to maintaining it. Also, depending on your needs, you will need to decide which structures to build. Is it more important to have a constant source of food or electricity? There is no right or wrong way, try and try!