Back with our guides and tricks, this time we talk about Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII . In this guide are listed some important tips that will inform you about the trip you are about to take and the Rare Stores that appear only in certain places and times.
First of all, here are some important tips to keep in mind:
1- ARRIVE AT DAY 13
By completing the 6 main missions and 2 secondary missions, you can accumulate enough prayers to make Yggdrasil ( the tree located in the Ark ) bloom six times. This will give you six additional days and you will then be able to face the final boss.
2- GET TO DAY 14
However, Yggdrasil can bloom seven times reaching day 14. To make it bloom 7 times you must complete all 6 main missions and at least 40 submissions before the end of day 12. In this way, in addition to the extra day you will get the extra day:
- On the 13th you will have access to a Dungeon Bonus.
- At the end of the new game + you can face an alternative version of the final boss.
3- UPGRADED BOSSES FOR BIGGER BONUSES
If you eliminate the bosses of the main missions of Luxerion, Yusnaan and the Dune Arse, after the seventh day you'll get an enhanced version of the objects they'll drop, with really powerful weapons. But remember before you launch into the task, that the bosses themselves will also have enhanced statistics compared to their previous versions.
4- MAIN BONUS MISSIONS
By completing the MAIN missions you can obtain items and increase the following categories:
- PE+ POINTS
- ATB+ Bar
- SLOT EXPANSION for objects.
5- BONUS SIDE QUESTS
By completing secondary missions you can obtain items and increase the following categories:
- SLOT EXPANSION for objects.
6- BONUS BOARD MISSIONS CHOCOLINA
By completing quests on the Chocolina board you can get items and increase the following categories:
- Miscellaneous objects.
7- HOW MANY SUBMISSIONS CAN I COMPLETE?
There are 66 total submissions:
- Luxerion has 20 submissions.
- Yusnaan has 16 submissions.
- The Wild Lands have 22 submissions.
- The Dune Arse have 8 submissions.
The maximum amount of submissions you can complete during the first game is 64, during the following games you can reach a maximum of 65 submissions. It is not possible to complete all 66 of them together because there is a mission in Luxerion that if completed cancels another one and vice versa. In addition, during the first game, there is a sub-mission in the Dune Arse that can only be completed at NG+.
8- HOW MANY MISSIONS ON THE CHOCOLINE BOARD CAN I COMPLETE?
There are 83 total missions on the Chocolina board:
- Luxerion has 13 missions.
- Yusnaan has 14 missions.
- The Wild Lands have 25 submissions.
- The Dune Arse have 18 submissions.
- And finally there are 13 universal missions, accessible from any scoreboard.
You can complete all the missions of the board together in any game.
9- PENALTY AND BONUS BATTLE
If you hit an enemy outside of a battle, unaware of it, the opponent will start the fight with 75% HP. If you hit an enemy outside of a battle, aware of it, the opponent will start the fight with 90% HP. If you are hit by the enemy before the fight you will start the battle with a 5% penalty not present in Easy mode).
10- TIME IS RUNNING OUT
Three seconds of real life equals one minute in play. 72 minutes of life equals about a whole day in play. The game stops time while you are in the menu, in the shops, in the movies or in the fights. Remember that you can temporarily freeze time with the Chronostasis skill.
11- HOW TO RECOVER LIFE POINTS
If you play easy mode your HPs will regenerate themselves between battles. If you play the other modes, here's how to recover life points:
- Use objects such as Potions.
- Rigenous, can be activated by objects or accessories.
- Using Energiga from Skill (ATTENTION CONSUMPTION PE).
- Sleep in a hotel (takes at least an hour).
- Eat in a restaurant.
- Mediguard ability of some suits.
- Some auto- capability of various accessories.
12- COMPLETE UNLOCKABLE
There are 71 different outfits for the protagonist. The number of outfits that can be obtained during the first match is 57 while the remaining 14 can only be obtained during the NG+ in Difficult Mode. Below is a list of how to get them:
- 1 dress can be purchased in the rare shop (SEE POINT 13 of this guide) for 500,000 gil.
- 1 dress can be purchased from any gun shop during the last day.
- 1 dress is unlocked by obtaining the Platinum trophy.
- 1 dress can be purchased in the gun shop near Luxerion North train station.
- 1 dress can be purchased in the gun shop near the South Luxerion train station.
- 2 dresses can be purchased in the gun shop near the Yusnaan Gastronomic Area.
- 2 dresses can be purchased in the gun shop in the small shopping mall in Yusnaan.
- 1 dress can be purchased in the Oracle Square in Yusnaan.
- 1 dress can be purchased in the gun shop near the Dune Arse train station.
- 1 dress can be purchased in the gun shop at the Thieves' Lair in the Dune Arse.
- 1 dress can be purchased in the moogle gun shop at the village Moogle in the Wild Lands.
- 1 dress can be purchased at the weapons store in the Aryes village in the Wild Lands.
13- RARE SHOP
The Rare Shop, or rather, the Rare Seller is similar in appearance to one of the many information merchants scattered throughout the game. He wears a purple hat, a backpack and is hard to find as he randomly changes location at every hour of the game. He sells 4 suits and an accessory that you can't find anywhere else in the game:
-Dress 1- Available immediately for 15,000 Gil.
-Dress 2 -Buy now for 15,000 Gil.
-Dress 3- Buyable from the seventh day for 15,000 Gil.
-Dress 4 -Buyable from day 7 for 500,000 Gil. ONLY IN HARD MODE.
As we were saying it is not easy to find and it changes place every hour, but thanks to Cronostasi you can block it for more time in the same place. Here are some places where you can find it:
- Luxerion, near the gun shop.
- Luxerion, in the East connecting corridor, between the inhabited area and the Cathedral.
- Yusnaan, in the square in the middle of the restaurants, in the Greedy Quarter.
- Yusnaan, near the big green Kyactus statue.