If you're already intent on getting all the trophies in Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, you've probably noticed that "The Revealed Sect" is undoubtedly one of the most difficult achievements to unlock. The trophy in question will ask us to eliminate the Cosmos Sect, which is the enemy faction present in the game (an equivalent of the Templars, so to speak), and can count 42 followers. You will unlock the item "Cultists" during Sequence 3, when the main plot of the game has already made you defeat two of them. However, we recommend that you postpone getting this trophy until the conclusion of the main quest. The reason is soon said: many cultists will not be immediately reachable, as they will be unlocked as a result of your progress in the storyline or, instead, the completion of certain side quests. For this very reason, first complete the nine sequences of the game and then devote yourself to killing the remaining Cultists.
In this guide of ours, we will tell you where and how to find all 42 Adepts of the Cosmos Sect, whose killing is indispensable to obtain the trophy "The Revealed Sect".
Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - How to Find All Cultists
Normally, you'd be forced to kill one Cultist to get a clue as to where to find the next. As mentioned above, during Sequence 3 you will have a convenient menu in which you can consult all the clues available about the various followers of the Cosmos Sect. In some cases, for example, the clue may ask you to "Help the people of Delos": this means that the Cultist in question can only be unlocked through the completion of a secondary mission. In other cases, instead, you will have to face a Battle of Conquest to unlock them and make them available, or you will be asked to collect clues in caves, beaches or wrecks. Finding these "aids" will make a marker appear on the game map, which will make it clear to you the location of the Cultist you are looking for.
However, by consulting our guide, you can also do without collecting the clues in question by going directly to the place where you can confront the adept you are looking for. With our guide, in simple terms, you can also do without gathering the clues. The only exception to this is the Cultists who unlock themselves after the completion of the side quests. After defeating a number of them, the Cultists of the Inner Circle will make their appearance and, after defeating 41 followers of the Cosmos Sect, you will also have to face its leader.
In the following list, we will divide the Cultists according to the branch of the "map" in which they are placed, making it easier for you to recognize them.
Cosmos Eye Cultists (Top Left Branch)
- Elpenor: You will meet him during the game plot, he will be virtually impossible to miss;
- Sotera: You will find it in the Fortress of Megaris. More precisely, you will find it walking in the harbour area, on the right side of the fort. In case you have difficulties, use your eagle to locate it;
- The Master: this Cultist will unlock during the secondary mission "A Life's Worth" (in the Attica region, you will have to perform all the secondary missions assigned to you by Socrates, until you see the Cultist in question appear). Once you've done the above, you'll find him in the south of the Attica region, between the quick travel point called "Tower of Sounion" and the Silver Mountain. Use the eagle to find him immediately, in case you have difficulty;
- Hermippos: to find this Cultist, you will have to undertake the secondary missions called "Free Speech", in the region of Attica. Complete them all until you see the marker that will show you the position of the adept. You'll kill him during the quest, so don't worry so much;
- Midas: you will find him in the region of Argolida. You will unlock him as soon as you get the "Cultists" item in the game menu, which will tell you how and where to find him;
- Nyx the Shadow: You'll find it in the area southeast of the city of Attica. Use the eagle to locate it more easily.
Cultists of the Silver Vein (Branch in the middle left)
- Epiktetos the Forthcoming: you will meet him automatically during the main plot, it will be impossible to miss him;
- The Chimera: You'll find it on the island of Andros, in a place called "Beach Encampment" on the southern edge of the island. In any case, you should be able to track him down as soon as you have unlocked the complete list of all the Cultists of the Cosmos Sect;
- The Centaur of Evia: You will find him on the island of Evia. In any case, you should be able to track him down the moment you unlock the complete list of all the Cultists of the Cosmos Sect;
- The Silver Griffin: you will meet him on the small island of Prasonisia, which you will find southwest of Mykonos. The enemy in question will walk among the ruins in the area: use your eagle to spot him more easily;
- Machaon the Feared: This is without doubt one of the hardest to spot Cultists in all of Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, because the clue is definitely well hidden. The Cultist will be in the Achaia region (a sub-district of "Mount Panachaikos"). You will find him walking through the harbor, where you will see the pier icon appear on the map. However, as he is walking around, it may be difficult to find him, as he will sometimes be indoors and sometimes he will even climb scaffolding. Once you spot him, you can start a fight to try to get his attention. Or, you can try to get the clue, which is hidden on a corpse lying on a rock in an underwater area in Achaia, called Scavenger's Coast. In the indicated area, there will be a lot of wrecks with a corpse on one of the outer rocks. Analyze it and you'll find the clue;
- Poleman the Wise: you will find him in the area of Achaia, in the construction site of the main temple, in the fortress called "Teicho of Herakles".
Cultists of the League of Delos (Branch on the far left)
- Podarkes the Cruel: To unlock this Cultist, you will first have to complete the secondary mission called "Trouble in Paradise" on the island of Mykonos (not far from Delos). Once this is done, you'll unlock a secondary mission immediately afterwards: "Hades, Meet Podarkes". You will have to kill Podarkes during this mission. You will have no difficulty identifying the adept: he will be the leader of the nation marked with a purple icon, as well as the main objective of this mission. The cultist will not be available outside of this search! If you can't find the initial mission "Trouble in Paradise", it means that you may have already started it; in this regard, check the active missions in the game menu item;
- Rhexenor the Hand: you will automatically kill this Cultist during Sequence 8, and more precisely during the main mission titled "Amusing Tale";
- Iobates the Stoic: you will find the Cultist on the island of Lemno, in a place called the "Deconsecrated Sanctuary";
- Kodros the Bull: You will kill the Recruiter in question during the secondary mission "Chip on Your Shoulder", which can be obtained on the island of Lesvos;
- Kleon the Everyman: you will automatically kill him at the end of Sequence 8, it will be practically impossible to miss him;
Cultists of the Cult Heroes (Top Right Branch)
- Pallas the Silencer: the only time you will see this Cultist appear will be during the battle of conquest in the Achaia region, where you will have to fight for the faction of Athens (the one with the blue flag). The Athenian army will have to lead the invasion, which is why Sparta will have to take control of the region we are talking about. Pallas will appear in the middle of the battle of conquest, and you will have to kill him;
- Deianeira: You will automatically meet her during the main plot of Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, during Sequence 7, during the main mission titled "The Fall of Deianeira";
- Belos the Beast of Sparta: The Cultist in question will be the second champion you will have to fight against in the Arena of Pephka. He is a level 29 enemy, so you will only face him if you have reached a similar level and are well equipped. Talk to the owner of the Arena and agree to the fight against Belos;
- Swordfish: during the secondary mission "Myths and Minotaurs", in the Messara region, you will meet this Cultist inside an underwater cavern, and you will automatically collide with him;
- Okytos the Great: You will find this Cultist in the southernmost part of the Attica region, in a place under the control of your enemies, the Temple of Poseidon. You should have unlocked this adept the moment the complete list of Cultists appears;
- exekias the legend: you will find it in the enemy fortress called "Olouros Fortress", located in the Achaia region. The Cultist will be in the middle of the fort, but be careful: you can kill him only after you have taken out all the other Cultists belonging to his sect;
Cultists Adorers of the Blood Line (central part of the right branch)
- Melite: you will find it in the region of Messara, more precisely on the large island located at the bottom right of the map;
- Harpalos: you'll find it on the island of Keos;
- Zoisme: You will find her in the Wild Bear Cave, located in the Malis region, a sub-district of Xerxes Bay. Don't worry, the cave in question will be marked with a marker, so it will be impossible not to notice it;
- Diona: To find this Cultist you will have to complete the secondary mission entitled "I, Diona", which will be assigned to you in the Kythera Island region, where you will have to perform all the missions assigned to you by Diona. At the end of the questline, the woman in question will be the final boss, which you will obviously have to kill;
- Chrysis: To unlock this Cultist, you'll have to complete the secondary mission called "Death Comes to Us All", which will be assigned to you in the region of Argolis;
- Iokaste the Seer: you will find yourself inside the Fortress called "Ruins of Anvatos", located in the north of the island of Chios, in the sub-region Hunted Forest of Artemis. You will find the Cultist right at the top of the fort, sitting next to a lion. He looks just like a normal enemy, as he doesn't have a golden crown on him, but be careful: this enemy has really many life points, and killing him won't be an immediate feat at all. You can kill this adept even if you have not yet killed the other cultists belonging to his sect;
Cultists of the Aegean Gods (bottom right branch).
- The Mytilenian Shark: The Cultist will be on a ship patrolling the territory between the island of Samos and the island of Kos (it is easier for you to meet him near the island of Samos). The clue for this adept is difficult to find, as he is located in an underwater location north of Thera. You will have to dive to retrieve it from an underwater trunk (remember that you can use the eagle to highlight the location of the case, even if it is placed underwater). What is now described is completely optional and is not necessary to find the Cultist we are talking about, it simply makes it easier to locate. The ship he is on will be recognizable thanks to its purple sails and an icon in the shape of a golden crown like the other cultists. His ship is called The Mytilenian Shark, just like him;
- Melanthos: you'll find him aboard a ship patrolling the west of the island of Messara (the large island at the bottom right of the map). The ships will move a bit, but they will always be in the same area. The ship is called "Melanthos" (as well as the cultist) and is marked with an icon in the shape of a golden crown, so it is easy to distinguish it from other ships;
- The Octopus: you will find yourself aboard a pirate ship patrolling the territory between the largest island in the lower right corner of the map (Messara) and the island north of it (Thera). Usually the boat will sail together with two or three other pirate ships, recognizable by the fact that they all fly the black flag. The ship is also called "The Octopus", and will be marked with an icon in the shape of a golden crown;
- Sokos: You will only meet the Cultist in question during the battle of conquest on the island of Melos (located in the Obsidian Islands archipelago). Bring down the power of the nation by burning war supplies, killing soldiers and plundering the nation's treasure on Melos. It does not matter whether you side with Athens or Sparta for this conquest. Sokos will be spawned on a ship during the conquest of the sea. His ship is also called "Sokos", has brown sails and an icon in the shape of a golden crown. Be careful that his ship has the ability to restore its health, even when you are one step away from destroying it. Precisely according to what is now written, the advice we have to give you is to save the fire arrows for the last moments of the fight, and to fire them when you have taken at least half of his health from the ship, and then fire them quickly, so as to quickly destroy the ship within five seconds. Otherwise, the collision could take a very long time;
- Asterion: You'll find it aboard a ship between Skyros and Andros. The cultist in question will unlock by default when you get the complete list of Cultists, and you can track him directly from there. The ship will move a bit, but you will always find it in the same area. The ship in question is also called "Asterion" and has an icon in the shape of a golden crown;
- The Hydra: is located on a large ship with red sails, in the waters in the lower left corner of the game map. The ship is also called "The Hydra" and will be marked with an icon in the shape of a golden crown. You can find the ship in question always in the same area, but know that, in any case, the ship will move frequently. Usually there are other ships near it. Remember that you can only reveal and track "The Hydra" after you have killed the other 5 Cultists belonging to the branch of the Aegean Gods;
Peloponnesian League Cultists (bottom group).
- Skylax the Fair: located on the island of Evia, on the west coast of the island. It sits next to a blue tent. You can use your eagle to find it faster. You can unlock its location on the map by plundering the nation's treasure from the fort in the Lokis region. It is, however, a completely optional action, as the Cultist will show up regardless;
- Monger: you will automatically meet him during the plot of Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, more precisely at the end of Sequence 5. It will be virtually impossible to miss;
- Lagos the Archon: you will automatically unlock it during the main mission titled "To Kill or Not to Kill", during Sequence 7;
- Kallias: This cultist will be part of the questline of the Olympic Games, which you'll find in Sequence 7, subquest "The Long Game". You'll automatically get the Olympic quest during Sequence 7, within the sub-quest "The Long Game". You must play all questline missions now indicated to unlock it;
- Silanos of Paros: You will automatically meet it in the main plot of Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, more precisely in Sequence 7. It will be virtually impossible to miss;
- Pausanias: you'll automatically meet him during the game's main quest, and you'll be practically forced to kill him in Sequence 7, during the mission titled "A Bloody Feast";
The Leaders of the Cultists
- Deimos: You will come across it practically at the end of the plot of Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, during Sequence 9;
- Cultist Leader (Ghost of Kosmos): The Cultist Leader, positioned in the middle of the map of the followers, is none other than Aspasia, whom you have met on several occasions during the game plot. After killing all the other 41 cultists (not just her inner circle), you will be able to track her down and carry out the mission linked to her. The quest will lead you to the temple of Apollo in the region of Phocis, where you met the Oracle of Delphi. Once there, you will be able to open the temple door and descend to the crypt where the Cult met in Sequence 3. There the final battle between you and the Cosmos Sect will take place;
Order of the Ancients (DLC "The Legacy of the First Blade")
- Phratagoune the Keeper: This is the first clue you'll find in the DLC "The Legacy of the First Blade". You'll get it at Darius' Rock Arch hideout, more precisely on a table next to a corridor. As for the cultist, you will find Phratagoune in the north of Macedonia, in the bear den, where you will find three bears defending the territory. Our advice is to kill the animals in question using the arch, so as to keep a proper distance. If you get too close, you will be attacked by the three quadrupeds at the same time, which will complicate the task;
- Konon the Fighter: The clue, which will reveal the existence of this new cultist, will be in the bear's lair, right where you killed Phratagoune. You will find Konon the Fighter in the area of Xerxe's Sacrifice of the Nine, northeast of Amphipolis, and east of where you defeated the previous adept. Again, your opponent will have an ally, as well as several animals that will protect him with their own lives. Eliminate all other enemies before you focus on Konon;
- Echion the Watcher: To find this member of the Order of the Ancients, you must first complete the secondary mission Dead Man Rises. At this point, you'll find a message on a wagon east of Rock Arch, telling you to collect five bear skins and take them to the Blacksmith's Apprentice in Amphipolis. You will find the animals in question in the North of Macedonia, without too much trouble, or you can collect them while you are hunting in Phratagoune. In any case, once you arrive at the Apprentice to deliver the skins, you will have to choose the dialogue option "And we are the Order". In this way, you will activate the cultist in question, who will be located north of Amphipolis, protected by some hidden fighters disguised as farmers;
- Akantha the Deceiver: In order to track down Akantha, you will need to steal the clue from the room next to the nation's crate in the Fortress of Olinthus, southwest of Amphipolis. Once this is done, you will find the cultist found in the Leader House of Amphipolis. If you decide to face her face to face in a battle, she will run away, hurling several enemies at you. For this very reason, be ready to chase her or, alternatively, kill her silently;
- Timosa the Physician: You will take out Timosa during the main mission titled "Mysterious Malady";
- Bubares the Conspirator: You will face Bubares during the main mission "Revealing the Recruiter".
- Pactyas The Huntsman: This cultist is the easiest to track down: all you have to do is complete the missions in the main DLC story and, in the end, you'll face him. First, you'll have to kill the wolf, his animal ally. Immediately after, you'll attack Pactyas, who, at certain moments, could literally become invisible. Precisely for this reason, we advise you to confront him using a melee weapon that, should it strike him, will deprive him of his invisibility;
Storm Order (DLC "The Legacy of the First Blade")
- Nestor the Formidable: In the fort at Olouros, south of Scavenger's Coast, read the note on the desk, in the same room as the nation's cashier. In this way, you will discover the identity of this cultist. At this point, all you have to do is return to your ship and sail south of Kefalonia: there you will find Nestor, aboard his ship, whom you must destroy;
- Augos the All-Seeing: As soon as you defeat Nestor, you will automatically be on the trail of Augos, which you can find right next to the statue of Poseidon on Scavenger's Coast. Our advice is to attack the cultist using bow and arrows;
- Sophos the Broker: To flush out this member of the Storm Order, you'll first need to get your hands on the clue, which you'll find on a corpse on the deck of one of the wrecks at Shipwreck Cove (the one you'll find stuck between two rocks). It's near the three underwater valuables that you'll be able to collect during the main "Safe Passage" mission. At this point, you'll find Sophos in Patrai Shipyard. Again, the enemy will be protected by some guards, who will attack you as soon as you strike the first blow;
- Megakreon the Unbreakable: You will face this cultist during the main mission called "Tactics and Espionage";
- Phila The Tempest: You will encounter this enemy during one of the main missions of this Assassin's Creed: Odyssey DLC, called "The Jaws of the Leviathan";
Order of the Dominion (DLC "The Legacy of the First Blade")
- Immortals: You will confront this cultist couple during the main DLC mission titled "A Flight in Fire";
- Dimokrates the Destroyer: Again, you will face your enemy during a main quest: "Ordering of Kosmos";
- Gergis the Herald: In this case, there will be several times when you will have the chance to bump into Gergis during the main plot of the DLC. At first, in fact, you'll decide whether to kill him or let him live. If you opt for the path of mercy, you'll find yourself facing the cultist later, at the end of the mission "Smoke and Fury". In any case, choose with total freedom because, for the purposes of the plot, there will be no change;
- Amorges, the Tusk of Persia: The same applies to Amorges as to Dimokrates: you will meet him during the main plot. If you are looking for a strategy to easily eliminate your opponent, we have a tip for you: step away and hit him with the flaming arrows;
- Gaspar the Gatekeeper: Gaspar is probably the most difficult member of the Order of the Ancients to track down, a bit like the clue from the Cultist of the Worship of Kosmos you found, in the main game, on the rocks of Smuggler's Cove. To find the clue that will lead you to the enemy in question, go to the eastern edge of the swamp in Hades Bay, Messinia. You will find the clue in question on a corpse lying on the shore. At this point, you will find Gaspar in the area of the Great Trench Mines in Messenia; more precisely in the "Terror Gorge".
- Pithias the Architect: To find the clue that will lead you to Pithias, head to the Camp of Pedasos, located southwest of the main city of Messinia, Aipeia. Once there, interact with the parchment near the large leopard skin.
- Artazostre the Silence: To find this member of the Order, go to the cave of Keadas, located northeast of the main city of Messinia, Aipeia. Once there, you will find a pit, with a ladder leading to some corpses. Here you will find an ancient clue, which will lead you straight from Artazostre, which you will face southeast of the cave.